Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE IPOD SHUFFLE

Before we leave give me word = junior high experience behind, I would like to make two notes.
I feel like a lawyer standing before the judge. First, I reserve the right to bring this game back at any time. Second, Purple Cow pointed out that several of her "problem friends" from junior high and high school are now friends on facebook. Folks, BOTH of these ladies are friends on my facebook page. One of them (the clarinet player) actually reads and enjoys my posts and took the time to send me an email telling me how much she enjoyed my writing. Of course, she would not have enjoyed these last two posts. They never made it to my facebook fanpage. The other friend NEVER reads my facebook writing. I have tagged her several times but she is "not interested." She is technically a fan of my fanpage, but she is recently divorced and.... doesn't that say it all? Anyway, there are lots of "friends" from junior high and high school on my facebook who were never friends at that time. There are some that were not enemies either, but people I simply didn't know. I went to a very large high school. I have come to like some of them through my blogs. Very interesting. And the people who were my good friends seem to be the people that I have the hardest time to get to read my writing AT ALL. What's up with that? Moving on to something fun....

Ipod Game
Rules of the game:
1) Put your ipod on shuffle.
2) Write down the FIRST song that comes on to each question.
DON'T switch the song if you don't like it.. That's the fun of the game.
3) There are 46 songs so if you want to avoid cheating altogether, avoid looking at the questions and listen to the songs FIRST.





*How am I feeling today? Gone Gone Gone ~ Alison Krauss and Robert Plant (how is this different than any other day?)

*How do my friends see me? High ~ James Blunt (it probably has something to do with the drugs prescription medications)

*What is my best friend's theme song? I'm Not Dead ~ Pink (I suppose that is a message that the phone line works both ways)

*What is the story of my life? Same Mistake ~ James Blunt (LMAO - this could not be more true)

*What is the best thing about me? There's Hope ~ India.Arie (Thank God)

*What is today going to be like? This Is How A Heart Breaks ~ Rob Thomas (now this is more like it)

*What is in store for this week? Ache ~ James Carrington (keeping with the same theme)

*What song describes my mom? The Heart of The Matter ~ Don Henley (I feel a tear)

*What song describes my dad? If Everyone Cared ~ Nickelback (and another tear)

*To describe my grandparents? Same Girl ~ Jack Johnson (hand me a tissue)

*How is my life going? Scratch ~ Kendall Payne (hand me the whole damn box... please)

*What song will they play at my funeral? When God Fearin' Women Get The Blues ~ Martina McBride (Holy Moly, I hope someone is taking notes. For you seasoned readers, this is old news. For everyone else, turn off my video player at the bottom of the page. We have to have some youtube action on this one because, hand to God, I hope someone plays this at my funeral with the video. Of course, no one reading this will likely know that I have died. Note to self: send Purple Cow an email about where she left her husband the letter about her blogsite in the event of her death.)



*How does the world see me? Monsoon ~ Jack Johnson (I don't know what this means...)

*Will I have a happy life? Old Blue Chair ~ Kenny Chesney (I am not sure what this one says, so I went to youtube I am posting it. What do you think?)



*What do my friends really think of me? It Would Be You ~ Gary Allan (that I post too much stuff on youtube... this song is really sad... he's describing a heartache... so I guess that's what I am... one big old aching heart)

*How can I make myself happy? Mandolin Rain ~ Bruce Hornsby (I think my playlist needs some happier songs...)

*What should I do with my life? I Know Why ~ Sheryl Crow (this doesn't even try to answer the question... which pretty well sums up my take on the whole deal, too)

*What is some good advice for me? Man In The Mirror ~ Michael Jackson (finally some good advice!)

*How will I be remembered? Give Me One Reason ~ Tracy Chapman (I think we should engrave that on my tombstone)

*What is my signature dancing song? The Old Stuff ~ Garth Brooks (LMAO)

*What is my current theme song? I'm Alive ~ Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews

*What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Like We Never Loved At All ~ Faith Hill with Tim McGraw (Oh, how does the random song hit it over and over so well? Well, I will put up the youtube and you can watch it or not. I love this video. I would have put up MY theme song (I'm Alive), but I have already done that in a fairly recent blog, so you have probably already seen it. I already claimed it as my theme song. Too weird.)



LIFE STORY:
*Opening Credits: Gold Dust Woman ~ Fleetwood Mac (My favorite line of this song is "Rulers make bad lovers, you better put your kingdom up for sale." I have no idea how that applies to anything.)

*Waking Up: You'll Be There ~ George Strait (Since this song is about dying and going "home," I am once again at a loss. I suppose I do feel that The Other Side is home and this is the strange place. So, maybe this is reassurance from the onset.)

*First Day At School: Someday ~ Nickelback (I guess this is indicative that life is just going to hard.)

*Falling In Love: I Miss You ~ Coldplay (ouch)

*Fight Song: The Dance ~ Garth Brooks (You have no idea how much I want to youtube you right now. It's all real people who lived hard and died violently. "For a moment all the world was right.... I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end, the way it all would go.... I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance.")

*Breaking Up: If Love Was Enough ~ Graham Colton (right on the money)

*Prom: The Difficult Kind ~ Sheryl Crow (oddly enough, this is the song that whenever I hear it, I think of my first true love. That came after high school.)

*Life's OK: Deadwood Mountain ~ Big & Rich (this is not a life's okay song... which I guess is the point....)

*Mental Breakdown: Broken Arrow ~ Rod Stewart (totally fitting - who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow?)

*Driving: Back To Me ~ Kathleen Edwards (LMAO - Oh yeah, I've got moves I never use...)

*Flashback: Down So Long ~ Jewel (I was down a long time and I am there again. Yeah, I am in a flashback right now.)

*Getting Back Together: She's Every Woman ~ Garth Brooks (I think this is one of the most romantic songs ever so....)

*Wedding: More Than A Memory ~ Garth Brooks (I loved this song. This little exercise has taken this song and put a very twisted spin on it.)

*Birth of Child: The Scientist ~ Coldplay (Since I don't have any natural kids of my own, the only way it would happen is to go back to the start.)

*Final Battle: Who Knew ~ Pink (Most of the time we don't see the end coming. It sneaks up on us.)

*Death Scene: Gone ~ Montgomery Gentry (I couldn't have chosen better. "Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday, gone like a soldier in the Civil War -Bang Bang- gone like a 59 Cadillac, like all the good things that ain't never coming back")

*Funeral Song: Best I Ever Had ~ Gary Allan (A little freaky for a funeral song. But this song is played in a minor key and sounds sad. Oddly enough, I can see it.)

*End Credits: If Today Was Your Last Day ~ Nickelback (This couldn't have been more perfect. I know that I overload you with youtube footage, but if you only watch ONE video, make it THIS ONE. Whoever plans my funeral, I hope you pull up the screens and play this for everyone after you play the funny Martina video. Everybody needs a good laugh, too. But this sh*t is important. Watch it.)



*What song describes my mood right now? Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi (This is a great song and a great video. Yeah, I know I watch too much youtube. It's Bon Jovi with just the right amount of in your face attitude, especially if there is someone who has spent their time oppressing you. "I ain't gonna do what I don't want to... Shining like a diamond... Standing on the ledge show the wind how to fly... When the world gets in my face, I say have a nice day")

*What song do I listen to when I'm depressed? Nightswimming ~ REM (This one is right on the money, too. "You I thought I knew you, You I cannot judge, You I thought you knew me, This one laughing quietly underneath my breath, Nightswimming.")

*Happy? I Believe ~ Diamond Rio (not sure happy is the right word, but I do love this song)

*Scared? What Hurts The Most ~ Rascal Flatts (more like sad and depressed, but I guess scared does apply in terms of ending up alone, sad, and depressed)

*Bored? Mary Chapin Carpenter (not so much, but the rest were dead on)

Okay, that's it folks. I encourage you to play the IPOD shuffle. If you don't have an IPOD, go to projectplaylist.com and create a playlist like I have at the bottom of my page. You know the one. It is that irritating thing you have to turn off every time you want to watch a video on youtube. You can set it to shuffle. Have fun. I can't wait to read your the results of YOUR Ipod shuffle.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to play the game but I am at work. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so stealing this! Have a feeling that it's going to take me a while to do it . . . .

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!