Saturday, April 10, 2010

IF I WERE... UPDATED

I still haven't figured out how to incorporate the Friday Follow blog hopper onto my post, but I did take advantage of it, and found an interesting new blogger, My So- Called Chaos, to follow. How about that? She wrote this blog called IF I WERE and I "borrowed" it for today's blog. However, I did do the honorable thing and tell her I was borrowing her idea. I'm sure that she won't mind at all even though we've never exchanged comments or anything.... Egads, I am only realizing the potential disaster here after working on this for three hours and am now doing my final proof read. Yes, it took that long to come up with these gems. This is harder than it looks!

For those of you who know me, you know that I blog in more than one forum. Well, someone had to say "this would be so much more interesting if you explained why you chose each thing." Me being me, I can't let that go. That is like waving a red flag at a bull. Some people would let it fly by and say, yeah, but who has the time? Not me. So, here is the revised version with the explanations... with all of the craziness factored in. Just go with it.

If I were a month, I would be October. I love fall. The changing the of the leaves is beautiful. Yes, it the season where things are dying. It is the time of making of room. It is creating the space for spring.


If I were a day of the week, I would be Saturday. I am not working right now. Time has lost meaning for me. Every day feels like Saturday.


If I were a time of day, I would be 11pm. People with migraines have crazy sleep patterns and feel good at different times of the day than everyone else. I am trying to turn my internal clock around. But I usually feel best at night... when I should be going to sleep...


If I were a planet, I would be Saturn. I actually googled the planets. I chose Saturn because it fooled Galileo at first. He found it confusing. And then once he identified it, the planet itself is confusing to scientists still today. They know it has this amazing electromagnetic field, but they don't understand how the rings around the planet remain in place. The planet remains a mystery.


If I were a sea animal, I would be coral. Coral is beautiful and functional. Who wouldn't want to be that?


If I were a direction, I would be true north. When it comes down to it at the end of the day, I want my choices to be ones I can live with and my compass to be pointing true north. I think we get lost sometimes and this is a constant choice. We have to keep choosing it. It is what I choose today.



If I were a piece of furniture, I would be a bed. I spend a lot of time there. It seemed the obvious answer. Sleeping for those of you with gutter brains...


If I were a liquid, I would be a waterfall. I love the sound of a waterfall and I think water loves to go over and create a waterfall. Everything about it is harmonious.


If I were a tree, I would be a poplar. This is another one that I googled. The poplar is extremely flexible and was often used for paintings. In fact, it is believed that the Mona Lisa was painted on poplar. Poplar is also used to make musical instruments like drums.


If I were a gemstone, I would be Red Jasper. Red jasper helps balance emotional energy in the body, among other things.

If I were a tool, I would be a pen. I believe in the power of the written word.


If I were a flower, I would be a lily. I don't have a big revelation of this one. I just think they are pretty.


If I were a kind of weather, I would be a thunderstorm, but I would also be the rainbow. There are two sides to every coin.


If I were a musical instrument, I would be a piano. When you think about how instruments work, so many work because a person blows air into them and they make sound. Others work because a person runs a bow across strings or fingers across strings and they create sound. A piano works because a person touches a key and inside the "magic box" a key strikes something mysterious that makes a sound. There are also pedals that can be used with a person's feet to alter that sound. I like the silky feel of the keys and the use of the pedals and the mystery of the "magic box." On top of all that, I like the purity of the sound that the piano makes.


If I were a color, I would be purple. Purple is a royal color. It is the color of enlightenment. It is the color of higher knowledge. Am I saying that I have those things? I suppose it sounds like I am. It's more that I would like to have those things.

If I were an emotion, I would be love. This is another choice we have to keep making all of the time. It isn't an easy one. I am choosing it today.


If I were a fruit, I would be a peach. Definitely. Nothing better than a peach bought from a roadside stand. Hey, I live in Georgia...


If I were a sound, I would be laughter. It is the best medicine.


If I were an element, I would be air. (I know that I am Aries and that is technically fire, but air feeds fire. Right now, I don't feel so much like fire. I feel more like air.)


If I were a car, I would be a Porsche Carrera GT. Some of you are laughing right now. Ha ha.
If I were a food, I would be Popeye's Red Beans and Rice. I realize I screwed this one up on the first draft. It's spicy, but not too spicy. It's very satisfying. Okay, that's weird. Maybe I shouldn't have explained that one.


If I were a material, I would be really soft cotton (I agree with you Miss Angie. Nothing better than a really soft t-shift or sheets!)


If I were a taste, I would be bittersweet. I know that I make me happy/sad so I most assuredly do the same to others....


If I were a scent, I would be vanilla. Avon used to make this vanilla perfume that I loved. They discontinued it a long time ago, but I still love vanilla candles. Love vanilla.


If I were an object, I would be a Band-Aid. It means well but it is so limited in its capacity to actually do anything...


If I were a body part, I would be hands. This made me think of that old Peter, Paul & Mary song "If I Had A Hammer" and then I thought about The Indigo Girls song "A Hammer and a Nail" and then the Jewel song "Hands" and well...


If I were a facial expression, I would be a smile. I think we can fake ourselves out with a smile. Seriously. I think we can fool ourselves into feeling better. Try it. Go smile at yourself in the mirror. Over and over. Eventually you will laugh at yourself.

If I were a pair of shoes, I would be sandals. This one was tough. I think people feel better in pretty shoes. They like shoes that allow their feet to breathe. They like shoes that are comfortable. At least, that is how I feel. So, there you go.


What would you be?

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful car....I love cars.
    I added a page to my blog that maybe you could let your mom read.
    It's about how I started, and what I do now.
    If I were a flower I'd be a yellow rose.
    A car, I would be a mustang.
    If I were weather I would be a cool fall day.
    If I were an object I would be hammer.
    If I were a shoe I would be an ed hardy pump with a metal heel.
    If I were a body part, I would be an eye.
    If I were a food I would be salsa.
    If I were a fruit I'd be a bing cherry.
    If I were a material I would be silk.
    If I were a time of day it would 3 in the morning when the world feels wide open and mysterious.
    If I were a gemstone I would be jade.
    If I were a musical instrument I would be a violin.
    If I were an emotion it would be compassion.
    It is what is badly needed.
    If I were an element I would be water.
    It seems calm but it is very powerful.
    If I were a piece of furniture I would be a kitchen table.
    It's where our family gathers.
    If I were a tree, I would be a white birch.
    I think they are beautiful
    Well..all typed out.
    have a great one robin

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!