Monday, April 19, 2010

TAKING A DETOUR FROM ROME

We'll get back to Rome tomorrow. What this means is that I don't feel like writing today. Do you ever have one of those days? No. Ha. I don't believe you. I have been thinking about doing this for some time, actually. What is this, you ask? Well, I have come to "know" some of you blogging buddies fairly well and there are certain "things" that make me think of you. So, from time to time, as I get to know each of you better I will take a detour, and have a HERE'S TO YOU day.

The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose 'whatever" for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen. However, I am notorious for chewing on my feet. I do believe it is called Foot In Mouth Syndrome in medical circles.

Now, if you have been a blogging friend forever and you didn't get singled out this time ~ and are feeling a little bit offended ~ here's the deal: 1) I couldn't find the footage I wanted and I had to have this ONE SPECIFIC THING or, 2) The footage that I wanted was in my brain somewhere, but I couldn't quite find it. That means that I hadn't mentally nailed the perfect thing yet.

Once again, please turn off my music player at the bottom of the screen and turn up the volume on your computer. Oh, and just because it doesn't have your name on it, it doesn't mean you can't watch it.... In fact, I hope you do:-)

This one is for Chris, at A Deliberate Life:




This one is for Lira, The Struggling Actress:



This one is for Liza, at Middle Passages:



This one is for Purple Cow, at Australian in Athens (FYI: I have others, so you will get hit again):



This one is for Phoenix, at Res Ipsa Loquitur:



This one is for The Working Actress:




This one is for everyone, just because I think it is hilarious:




And this one is for me:



Now, I have my thinking cap on for the rest of you, and am still looking for specific clips for some of you.... So, be on the lookout. There is youtube footage out there with your name on it!

8 comments:

  1. Bingo my dear. And yes, I'm still sniffing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two angry women were something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring! Thank you for sharing this with me, and all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Loved the Sex and The City clip. She's right. Sometimes you just have to pick yourself back up. I laughed at the 2 women in the parking lot. But my favorite is the Gilmore Girls clip. I do miss that show. Now I have to ask, who is your "you'? Did you end up with him? Maybe I need to go back from the beginning and read your whole blog. Are there any hints there? I know! I am so nosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL just finished the Two Angry Women clip. Esp. love the War is Not the Answer shot. Nice.

    I loved my video! Thank you so much - it made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well thank you...Love it when he kicks the little punk in the face. lol. of course, you knew I would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see what you mean about being in the same Universe today! Creative choices on all of these videos. I loved the Car Wars ladies. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I left a comment around 12 hours ago and I don't know why it did not appear! It's a good thing you asked me "why" I didn't comment or else I'd have thought you deleted my comment and got really pissed off with you! And you'd have been pissed off with me too....

    Anyway, all this mix up is good cause it got me to watch it yet again! And I love it as much as the first time plus because I was in a rush this morning I also got to see a few of the others. Road rage made me laugh...

    Anyway, after watching the clip it's a good thing I'm an Australian in Athens and not in Sicily...hilarious clip. I want to see the whole movie.

    Take care, I love U 2 babe! ;-)

    PS How do you get the clips up as photos rather than as basic links?

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!