Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THESE CONVERSATIONS I HAVE WITH MYSELF..

Do you ever have practice conversations? Or write letters in your head? I do that more than I would like. I remember doing it as a teenager while I was getting ready for school in the morning. I would be looking at myself in the mirror doing something that required little to no thought (like my hair or make-up) and my mind would be playing out some imaginary conversation. Usually it was a conversation that never came to fruition.

Since the onslaught of migraines, and the requisite insomnia that goes with them, I now find myself lying awake at night, doing the same thing. Now, it is less conversation and more email or blogging or writing in my book. Sometimes I come up with some pretty good stuff for my book and I am really tempted to get out of bed and turn the computer on, but I am really trying to develop a more "normal" sleep pattern. Staying up until 4am working on my book wouldn't achieve that.


Here is the thing about me: I mean well. I really do. My life has sort of resembled the number eight. It started out with me not at all afraid to voice my opinion, but I didn't have a clue what I was talking about, because I was just a kid. The thing was because I was a kid, it was no big deal. The people that I was talking to were other kids, and they didn't know what they were talking about either. No harm, no foul. And then I started to get a little bit smarter, and I still felt okay with voicing my opinion, and I was sometimes right, and sometimes wrong, and I ended up taking some lumps. Okay, I learned some lessons. Unfortunately, it is pretty much in my nature to speak up if I feel like someone needs to say something. And that means I sometimes call it right, and sometimes call it wrong. Well, then I went through this period where I lost my voice altogether. That was a bad time. And I am just now getting it back, and so we are now back to being sometimes right, and sometimes wrong. However, I go back to my original statement. I mean well. I really do. And when I speak, it is with love in my heart. And these conversations that I've been having with me, have been me trying to find a way to explain that. I hope that makes everything more clear.

Now, moving on to something fun and different. I am not a person who has ever "advertised" a giveaway on my blog. Actually, I've never taken part in a giveaway before. However, there is always a first time for everything. You can click here to go to the artist's blog/page and get the scoop on how to enter to win. I clicked on a picture of the painting so that you could see the "prize." It is lovely.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Robin!!! I am so happy to be the first!:-)

    Have a wonderful day!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally blog in my head sometimes. Mostly when I'm driving and bored as hell. Hah! More stuff we have in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the dialogue. Both sides of you are interesting and worth knowing. I love conversations with myself. I tell those who don't get it that I talk to myself because I appreciate a good audience!

    Oh, and the artwork is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see something completely bizarre, like a person doing something strange...part of me wants me to go up to that person and half warn them/ half thank them for giving me blog material...lol.
    I have imaginary arguments with my mil allllll the time.
    That way I avoid real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I not only imagine conversations but whole scenes. Some of the best times I ever had never actually happened because they were all in my head...real life and real conversations can never measure up to the expectations and anticipation we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to your blog. Found you through A Blonde Walks into a Blog. Love your style. Very straight forward and honest. I love it! Please stop by and visit...http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!