Friday, April 9, 2010

GIVING THE FRIDAY BLOG HOP A TRY


Well, folks I am trying out the blog hopper and it isn't going smoothly. You're surprised? I didn't think so.

I was just telling my mother how difficult everything on Blogger is and then...revelation.

This is probably not a Blogger issue. This is a Robin issue. Hmmmm.

I did manage to get my blog onto the hopper. I just couldn't figure out to get the hopper onto my blog.

However, let me put this into context for you. I have been writing a novel, as some of you know. This has been challenging on many levels. For instance, I spent 20 minutes trying to pull the word for clipboard out of my head. I could picture the clipboard and understood its function. But the word was gone. In fact, had you put a clipboard in front of me I could have told you what it was used for, etc. However, I would not have been able to identify it as a "clipboard." That took about twenty minutes of head scratching and really intense frustration. Then, it came to me like a lightning bolt. Clipboard. Voila.

I have been blaming Blogger for being SUCH A DIFFICULT ANIMAL and now I am rethinking that. Perhaps it isn't blogger at all. One of the symptoms of fibromyalgia is memory loss and "brain fog," and perhaps that is the root of the evil here....

In any event, I am hoping that someone in the know on the blog hopper sends play by play instructions on how to get that darn thing onto my blog so that other people have the option to blog hop if they want!

3 comments:

  1. I did the blog hop too but since they gave html I added it as a gadget at the bottom of my screen. As far as I know, I can't enter a new blog entry with html, but either way, I didn't want to usurp the new post I had written.

    And thanks for your comment today! I have written a book that's had a long history (previously represented by an agent, etc.) and am now editing it again and will be looking for an agent again soon. Good luck with yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about Friday Follow? If you can just get your blog on there and go visit some blogs, they will follow you back. Blogger has a lot of issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in the world is a blog hopper...waiting with baited breath...lol.
    (obviously I'm no help...)

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!