Thursday, April 22, 2010

HERE'S TO YOU... AN EARTH DAY SPECIAL

I am going to be honest. I am having another "I don't feel like writing day." I haven't worked on my novel in days. I can't even bring myself to think about it, because I just don't feel like I am in a good creative place. In fact, I would go so far to say I am in a yucky creative place. I don't want that touching my baby. So, I have let my novel sit and am hoping that inspiration will return. I really didn't expect to have another "HERE'S TO YOU DAY" so soon. I bet you didn't either. Ah well. Life works in strange and mystifying ways. If you look at all of this youtube footage and think, "there sure are a lot of pieces of footage here that say "This one's for me," well that's because I am sort of living in this puddle of my own misery. I will get out. I just need to work through it. Once I do, I will start blogging normally again and go back to writing my book, and everything will more or less return to normal. So, just go with it. If you feel the need to leave me a comment that kicks me while I'm lying on the sidewalk, that is your prerogative, but I am already confessing that I will get it together. Sometimes you just have to feel it to let it go. Once again, you have to turn off my music player at the bottom of my page. Sorry for the inconvenience. Remember to turn up your volume on your speakers:-)

Oh, and I hope that you take the time to watch the videos even if they aren't "for you," just because I think they are pretty great... that is, if you have the time. I also hope that if you do watch the video, maybe you will be intrigued about the person I "sent" it to, and check out their page. I really do follow some amazing bloggers. They blow me away all of the time with their insights, personal victories, and encouraging words.


This one's for Sharon at Musings of a Mercurial Woman. I really didn't want the whole clip. I just wanted the part in the middle, but you get what you get:




The next one is for Cassandra at Cassagram:




This one is for Patsy at Musings on a 100lbs+ Weight Loss Journey:




This one is for me:




This one is for Miss Angie at My So-Called Chaos:

You have to click here to watch the video. I couldn't embed the video.


This one is for Truthful Mommy at The Truth About Motherhood:




This one is for me:




This one is for Juliana at A Blonde Walks Into a Blog:




I have more because I am spending all of my free time on youtube (yeah, that is a healthy habit, I know). However, a person can only watch so much in one sitting ~ even if it is awesome material like this:-) I hope you enjoyed your HERE'S TO YOU DAY. I kind of like this concept. I think I am going to keep doing it even after my blue funk passes.... just because it's a good thing. I know that today is Earth Day. I am choosing to celebrate some of the people who live here. And I am still working on the rest of you.... I applaud you all. Once again, if you are scratching your head about why I chose your video, and you want to email me, you can do so at rarichards68@gmail.com and I will elaborate on my thinking process.

8 comments:

  1. Robin, Thanks for the Here's to you!LOL SO funny. I used to adore Gilmore Girls and Bella and I used to watch them together when she was tee tiny. She was like 9 months old and would get all excited every time the opening music would come on and start dancing like a little doodle bug. I always secretly hoped I'd have the sort of Rory/Lorelai relationship with my girls. Thanks for making me remember that:) I can't stop smiling because I just keep seeing my 9 month old Bella dancing:)Hugs! Hope your funk passes so you can resume your novel writings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was funny! Thanks doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feel better hon..i watched the sex and the city one..
    I just kept thinking..
    um, no he doesn't..lol.
    oh well, that is me...a cynic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how come I didn't get a video today? ;-)

    Just kidding...I enjoyed the show. I have a message for you in your e-mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what I got was priceless. Forever.... Thank you for a beautiful gift. You are special in all the ways that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm poppin in from Friday Follow (on Saturday-LOL) to be your newest follower. Hooray! Come follow my blog! :) (Please?)

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I forgot to comment when I first saw this. Thanks! Though I really can't stand to watch Smallville anymore, because I feel like its ruined, that vid was back in the good days.
    I do love me some Lex Luthor, especially when Michael Rosenbaum is playing him. Something about that guy... mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I finally saw it! There was so no one I could go through every blog and read all the days I missed or I would never catch up so I am so glad that you told me about it! I hope that you are feeling better and having a nice weekend!!!!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!