Monday, April 5, 2010

I KNOW IT'S NOT ENOUGH...


The internet is a crazy thing. You make friends with people you will likely never meet face to face. Of course, you can have really awful experiences with people you never meet face to face (and I've blogged about one of my own already). You only need one of those to become more cautious. But, the reality is that there are a lot of genuine, big-hearted people on here. And this whole blogging thing offers up just enough anonymity for some people to be honest in a way that they wouldn't be otherwise. Me... well, I blog for strangers, friends, and family, so I sometimes land in the soup. But, I read many blogs every day written by people that I have never met, and each day they feel less like strangers, and more like friends. So, when they go through hard times my heart breaks for them.

I am not naive. Well, I am a little naive. Okay, I can be pretty naive. Pretty much anyone could shake me down for my last ten bucks if their sob story was sad enough. I am a want to make things better for people kind of person. I know that about myself. I can be sitting in a pool of my own misery, and if someone else tells me their sad story, I can forget about myself and go to work on fixing their problem. That is good and bad. Sometimes you need to take care of you, and sometimes you need to step outside of your own drama and pay it forward. The thing is that I know that I don't have the words to make it better for a particular online friend who is suffering right now... just the desire. So, we do what we can, even when what we can do is such a small thing.

This is some video footage from one of my favorite TV shows, Joan of Arcadia. Joan talked to God... make that God talked to Joan. And God took on lots of different looks throughout the show. For those of you who have never seen the show, God shows up in the last portion of the clip as a teenage boy.

Before you watch this, go down to the bottom of the page and turn my video player off. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

2 comments:

  1. yup. without love, life isn't worth living....without loss, love isn't worth having. Very tao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, you amaze me. I am frantically trying to get caught up on blogs. Yours was the first that I went to. You never cease to amaze me and you have a big heart. I do the same thing, I forget my worries and troubles and drop everything to try to make everything better for everyone else which is a good and bad thing at times...mostly good. I guess we have to remember in life that sometimes there are no reasons that we can see as to why we go through so much. For me, I would never trade the horrible things I have been through because they have made me so much stronger and have helped so many other people. It makes us appreciate the good times ever so much more. I hope that you are doing well sweet friend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!