Thursday, November 25, 2010

Here's To You THANKSGIVING Thursday.


As I indicated yesterday, I am not doing my regular HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY post. All of you have been sporadic with your postings due to your holiday preparations, and I have been spending a lot of time in bed listening to my migraine. It isn't my favorite way to spend the day. I am hoping that next week is better. I did spend some time with the family to honor the holiday this afternoon, and that was nice. I didn't have to do any of the cooking and that was even nicer. We didn't have a traditional meal, so the pressure was off for a feast. I think that made it easier on all concerned. My parents, and a good bit of my extended family, are having a hoot an anny. I know I didn't spell that right, but that word is just fun to say. It is bigger than a party and more redneck than a flat out celebration. My cousin does it up every year and cooks enough food for five families. That makes for lots of leftovers. Or so I hear. Someone has to hold the fort and feed the dogs. That would be me. The dog feeder. Besides, I don't think I could take the actual fun of a hoot an anny. Just saying it is all the excitement I can handle.

I did cruise youtube.com for some Thanksgiving footage. I found some pretty good stuff. So, kick back and enjoy. Here are some of my favorite families and/or characters enjoying the holiday. Or fighting their way through it. Some folks just never get a day off.

This is clip #1 and should not be skipped. It is hilarious. Click here.





This is clip #3 and should also not be skipped. Click here.




This is clip #5 and hilarious. Definitely do not skip it. Click here.


This is clip #6 and ever so funny. You will be sorry if you skip this one! Click here.














Hope you found a thing or two in there to make you smile or even laugh out loud. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!


image found at www.weheartit.com

11 comments:

  1. Hi there visiting from Java's follow Fridays 40 and Over... Keep writing my friend, you will get tht novel out!!! ... XO HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charlene for the spelling correction. Now it is even more fun to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from a new follower who has hopped over from Java's Blog Hop. I've just finished my first novel and it is no doubt lining the bins of agents all over the country as I sit typing this. I could make a book out of all the rejection emails. You'll get yours finished I am sure and looking at your blog it will no doubt be excellent. loved the clips....even as a Brit i found them funny. (I'm a well travelled Brit) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from the bloghop.
    I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com
    Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your style of writing!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin: With legs like that, you don't need the pink heels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You come from rednecks? You don't write like it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, the family has already said that this Thanksgiving was the best!! Have a fun day! Bonni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um. One of the best Buffy montages I've ever seen. Dammit, I know what I'll be doing tonight when I can't sleep.

    Also: "That was some half-assed kiss!" from the Gilmore Girls ep - LOVE it. Hilarious.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of smiles, Robin :) You always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :~) :~) :~) (as usual!)

    Thanks for the smiles!

    M.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!