Wednesday, January 27, 2010

IF IT SOUNDS TERRIBLE, IT IS TERRIBLE


When I joined Facebook I started writing Real-Time Updates to catch all of my friends up on the events of my life from the last twenty years. Most of the updates covered a year-long period. I thought that if I could explain my thinking process my bad decisions would make more sense, I could find some redemption even in my failures, acknowledgement that not all of my choices were horrible ones, and find out if in writing it all down, I could figure out how to get back on track. What I didn't want to admit was that I had a pretty good life until I flushed it into the toilet and I am still trying to figure out how to get out of the sewer because that sounds terrible, mostly because it is terrible. If I've learned anything, if it sounds terrible, it is terrible. Or if he sounds terrible when you talk about him to your friends/parents, he is terrible. Not that I have a "he" right now, but every single woman needs to remember this at all times! Rose colored glasses are detrimental to your health; don't let anyone tell you differently! {I imagine the reverse of this is also true. Not ever having been a man, it is difficult to speak for them, but I shall go out on a limb and say that if/when you talk about her she sounds bad, it is probably not a relationship you should invest in.}

There is no way I can synposize twenty years of my life into two paragraphs and have it all make sense. I am still trying to figure it out and it's my life. However, the Real-Time updates are too long for most of you because it is too much life/reading and most people only have time for a couple of paragraphs a day. A friend of mine pointed out that I am way too prolific for him to keep up with, and since I know it was said with the best of intentions, I cannot be offended. So, I am not going to try to chronicle my life by year anymore. The important stuff, good and bad, will make its way here. Check in as you feel compelled, whether you have been tagged or not. If you do, and even one idea speaks to you, then it was meant. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!