Thursday, July 22, 2010

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY + ONE I FORGOT


It is that day again. What day is that you ask? How can you have forgotten? Drum roll please. It is HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY, of course! The very best day of the blogging week. It is the precursor to the best day of the work week.

To recap for any newbies to this event: The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... If you are having trouble watching the entire video (meaning it is being cut off on one side), click on it a couple of times and it will take you straight over to youtube. If you click on the four squares at the bottom corner of the video, it will enlarge it to fill your screen. The escape key will bring it back to normal size. The back arrow will bring you back to my page. Of course, you will have to deal with this all over again: Lastly, don't forget to turn off my music player at the bottom of the page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for everyone:




This one is for Purple Cow at Australian in Athens:




This one is for Mitzi at ~Southern Style~:




This one is for Misery at LEFTOVERS from ILLUMINATION:




This one is for Phoenix at Res Ipsa Loquitur:




This one is for Kate at The Cow Jumped Over The Moon:




This one is for Elizabeth Downie:




This one is for Juliana at A Blonde Walks Into A Blog:




This one is for Linda Pressman at Bar Mitzvahzilla:




This one is for Ro Magnolia at Soft Winds and Roses:

You have to click here. Embedding has been disabled.


This one is for Liza at Middle Passages:

You have to click here. Embedding has been disabled.

13 comments:

  1. I would really like to know how THAT video relates to Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bathwater ~ Remember her blog on how excited she was to go see Aerosmith... I do believe I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing was brought up as a favorite song... I said in my comments something like "That makes me think of.... No wait. I will save it for Thursday." Here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so this Thursday proves that you are brilliant. At least as far as the vid for me goes :) I exactly remember the day when I watched this particular episode (which by the way is very fitting with my current situation). Watching this now made me recall my state of mind from July 2006 (I also had my "Japanese phase" back then) - and it was a really GOOD state of mind. Watching this now, today, made me feel like I should get my sh/t together, yes, but also, get that state of mind back. SO maybe this video, the memory it invoked is some kind of impuls, a good one? For that I thank you (although it sounds just horribly pretentious).

    And now for your comment - I'm glad you clarified this so thouroughly. It's not like I was gonna censor myself anyway :P You know me (by now I think I can say that you do) and you know I cannot resist my rants of what I call whining. But, you know, I was a little worried after you wrote that yesterday that maybe stuff I write make people think about wrong kind of things (whoa, that's deep). But then, again, how can I predict what people think about right? (so it's all good, I guess?)

    AND this Bank Dance video, I think I've seen it somewhere before :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you are absolutely brilliant my friend! And oooh, I wonder where you got that idea from? LOL No one can accuse you of not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! As a teenager in the 80's I wonder how I ever missed that video! Check out those hair dos, and I'm not referring to the grumpy lady with the kerchief on her head either! Too funny - but I have to confess, I really prefer Purple Cow's video selection. Just something about a romantic comedy that lightens my heart, especially when there is great dancing involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Another Faith video!! What's weird is that I love Angel and Faith's relationship in that ep and I love how Faith resolves it by confessing. But I hate, hate, HATE how Angel treats Buffy and that he hits her. But in terms of Faith's character arc...oh God, it's such a great moment for her, finally sitting in the light in that jail, finding peace.

    Beautiful. Thanks Robin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. I had to ponder this one. Is the the one about my friend from long ago? That's all I can think of.
    Robin, I have to tell you that I love how you do this every Thursday...and when I'm included, it means I've written something that resonated with you, and that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Liza ~ It was as close as I could get to your walk through the city remembering old times. I kept thinking that Mary Chapin Carpenter would have a better song, but I couldn't find one. Anyway, sometimes you get what you get...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh yes! Actually, I forgot about that post. That makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must spend hours doing this for all of us! Don't think that it doesn't go unnoticed! Thank you for the comment today...I appreciate your thoughts and support!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha i must agree with all the previous comments. a-ma-zing.

    Yes, I have been feeling like a doll on the shelf all by herself with nobody to blog hop with! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robin, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday. Okay, actually I've been missing everything everyday! Summer somehow means no time at all! Kids around nonstop!

    I love this video and I get it - hot hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, so I'm over a week late, but I get it!! Yay! Thanks, Robin!

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!