Thursday, July 1, 2010

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY


Yes, it is that day again. What day is that you ask? How can you have forgotten? Drum roll please. It is HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY, of course! The very best day of the blogging week. It is the precursor to the best day of the work week.

To recap for any newbies to this event: The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... If you are having trouble watching the entire video (meaning it is being cut off on one side), click on it a couple of times and it will take you straight over to youtube. If you click on the four squares at the bottom corner of the video, it will enlarge it to fill your screen. The escape key will bring it back to normal size. The back arrow will bring you back to my page. Of course, you will have to deal with this all over again: Lastly, don't forget to turn off my music player at the bottom of the page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for everyone:




This one is for Liza at Middle Passages:




This one is for Sharon at Musings of a Mercurial Woman:




This one is for Kristin at Bringing Pretty Back:




This one is for Purple Cow at Australian In Athens:




This one is for Chelsea at Chelsea Talks Smack:




This one is for Kim at Saving My Life:




This one is for Mitzi at ~Southern Style~:

You have to click here to watch the video. The embed code has been disabled.

11 comments:

  1. Right on target, Robin. I love that there are some reality checks out there. I'm still laughing. This was great. Thanks! I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very right on target Robin!!! I wish I was that tough though, and so love that you always seem to find "Bones" footage for me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a thoughtful person. I love that you check out the personalities of the bloggers and match them up with a clip. Super clips for Liza and Purple Cow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, talking to you about the 'five minute rule'.
    I think it's crap.
    I don't care what anyone says about how someone 'should' write.
    some of the most boring crap ever written is one paragraph long.
    it goes...
    well, did my walk and ate good.
    have a good night.
    night
    after night
    after night.
    So no.
    I don't think there is a mythical rule.
    As long as what you write is interesting, you should be fine.
    Hell, books take longer than five minutes don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robin, thanks as usual. You're a sweet lady. :) I think I get part of it but I may need you to explain what it made you think...besides, I like to hear your explanations anyway. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...and you should see her orgasm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robin, I left a comment lastnight and I don't think it went through. Thanks so much for the song. :) I think I get part of it but was wondering if you can explain why you chose this one? I like to hear your explanations. :) Hopefully this comment will go through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha - where the hell is matt? :) also - Joan of Arkadia is one of the best tv shows ever. it's certainly something else and I've got so many nice memories from the summer when it first aired in Polish tv...:) and, also, I don't know if I eventually wrote that in some comment but - when you were writing about your crushes - and you mentioned John Bender - that made me squeak like a total fan-girl because John Bender is AWESOME :) (I really needed to write that)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a little Johnny Cash to get the weekend going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I giggled at this one. Hey folks, its the train that relates to my blog...not the fact that the singer is trapped in prison!!
    Thanks Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love your explanation. :) Very awesome and I'm sorry I didn't get it fully at first...it's b/c I'm slow sometimes. lol. What a great song huh? Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!