Thursday, July 15, 2010

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY


It is that day again. What day is that you ask? How can you have forgotten? Drum roll please. It is HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY, of course! The very best day of the blogging week. It is the precursor to the best day of the work week.

To recap for any newbies to this event: The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... If you are having trouble watching the entire video (meaning it is being cut off on one side), click on it a couple of times and it will take you straight over to youtube. If you click on the four squares at the bottom corner of the video, it will enlarge it to fill your screen. The escape key will bring it back to normal size. The back arrow will bring you back to my page. Of course, you will have to deal with this all over again: Lastly, don't forget to turn off my music player at the bottom of the page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for everyone:




This one is for Debra at Write On Target:




This one is for Phoenix at Res Ipsa Loquitur:




This one is for Mitzi at ~Southern Style~:




This one is for Liza at Middle Passages:




This one is for Ro Magnolia at Soft Winds and Roses:




This one is for Kate at The Cow Jumped Over The Moon:




This one is for Java at Never Growing Old:

8 comments:

  1. Robin, you've given that song new meaning to me, made it special in a way that will stay forever. It's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that commercial was awesome! and as far as Ghost Whisperer goes, Melinda's husband was the only reason I ever watched the show. Also I want to say that I still remember about this award you gave me and I'm planning to post about it (so don't give up on me just yet because I know I am always so terrible with awards!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm giggling like a teenager! He is so gorgeous, really he is. I'm just away to lie down in a darkened room . . . .

    Thank you so much for thinking about me!

    (Swoon!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...can you believe it - I didn't even notice the Buffy video before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God my video kicks so much ass! I've already decided to break the rules and put Faith on my list as one of my five Fictional Crushes. I love her so much - her character arc is one of the best that TV has ever seen. (Plus Eliza Dushku is HOT.)

    The Dove commercial was amazing. I had to watch it twice because the photoshop section just blew me away. Wow... I'm just speechless. No wonder we have unreal expectations of ourselves, indeed. Simply incredible and very eye-opening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing stuff... And thanks SO much for sharing the Dove commercial. Craig is ALWAYS on at me (when I'm on a downer about my appearance) that the images I see in magazine and on billboards "aren't real", and I knew they'd been somewhat airbrushed, but I had no idea just how much the images are manipulated.... I'll forward that video on to him so he can see I appreciate what he's been telling me!

    Thanks again

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  7. After being MIA for an entire day & half (burning up) yours was the 1st blog I checked in on & I'm so glad that I did. Yup, I suppose you are right, "this kid is making noise with a Southern Voice". Thanks Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin I did not get a chance to see this until just now! I not only love that song but how appropriate is that vid for me? Thank you for this...it means alot to me!!

    ((hugs))
    Java

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!