Thursday, February 21, 2013

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY

SURPRISE. Drum roll please. It is once again HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY. Yes, you read that correctly. HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY is back on Thursday.  For those of you unfamiliar with the once again weekly HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY posts, I bet you're wondering what is going on. Well, peeps, let me give you the skinny on this event...

This is a weekly event landing typically on Thursdays. The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... If you are having trouble watching the entire video (meaning it is being cut off on one side), click on it a couple of times and it will take you straight over to youtube. If you click on the four squares at the bottom corner of the video, it will enlarge it to fill your screen. The escape key will bring it back to normal size. The back arrow will bring you back to my page.

Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for everyone: 



This one is for Jasmine at A Yellow Rose of Texas:


This one is for Yvonne at Writing My Life Away!:



This one is for Shoes at Red Shoe's Chronicles:



This one is for Pam at Empty Nest:



This one is for Judy at Life... Minute by Minute:



This one is for Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out:



image found at www.weheartit.com

8 comments:

  1. Gary Chapman is a wise man. We have some of his books.
    And The Living Years is a sad video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, perfect! I love it! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the first video and my video, you literally had me rollin'! I can actually imagine my husband and his friend making a reservation for a place like that and being all proud of themselves!!! And I have heard of the idea that yes, gun free zones are idiotic and yet seeing it in action just proves the ridiculousness of it all.
    So much good stuff today. It seems you are a little bit reflective and a little bit light-hearted fun today.
    Another great 'Here's To You' and thanks so much for putting me in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing so hard at the first one that I almost missed MINE! Thank you! Although, were you commenting on the fact that I have daughters and weddings OR the fact that I am competitive and would HAVE to win a game like that? LOL Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the honor. Gary Chapman and I are on the same page about the marriage issue. Too bad I and many others didn't take the deeper issues of marriage and relationships into account at an earlier age before marriages fell apart.

    Sorry you had to tell me about this, but I've been slow getting places. I still wish I could manage to be as efficient as Alex in making blog visitations.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you...

    I just got your email... I've been feeling so bad with a cold/flu and laryngitis that I just haven't been on line that much... I'm off to classes right now, but when I get time today, I will come back and listen.

    Thank you for thinking of me... :o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Robin! I started watching my video and was just happy and wondering why you picked that one for me. And then - duh - all of a sudden it hit me and I started crying (and still am). You totally hit it right on the mark! That was me and my daughter! Thank you so so so much for thinking of me!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin... I wish I knew how your mind worked. That was just exactly right. You have no idea.

    That cemetery in that video looks like one I visited in Maastricht, The Netherlands.

    I wish I had said so much to Dad in the living years. I was neglectful.. I didn't understand...

    *sighs*

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!