Friday, June 11, 2010

EASILY DISTRACTED BY SHINY THINGS

I am thrilled embarrassed to admit this to you but I have three awards that I have received within the last week. Maybe ten days. It has been somewhat overwhelming. Quite honestly, I don't know where to begin. The last time I got three awards, I got them from the same person all at one time. I couldn't do that to you fine folk so I spread them out and it was a painstaking delightful endeavor that was enjoyed by all.



Anyway, I knew that I better jump on this, because these things happen in times of feast and famine. Apparently this is a time of feast. Good heavens... what if I get another one? That thought alone spurred me along. I knew that my next post couldn't be about my philosophy on anything, an interesting childhood memory, problems with step-kids, thoughts on novel writing, or sharing the strangest dream I had last night.

The thing was this: I really didn't feel like writing. What do I do when that happens? I read what you guys write first. Uh oh. Well that didn't help. Truthful Mommy wrote a post about BP and their oil spill that was right on the money. It made me mad about something that I was already mad about. It just wasn't on my frontburner. I don't really like being angry. It cranks up my migraine. Well, dial 'er up. She had pics of animals coated in oil and it pissed me off. Like I said, it wasn't that I wasn't already ticked. I was just backburner ticked. If you would like to move it to your frontburner, you can click here.

After I made it through all of your blogs, I thought about just posting a link to Truthful Mommy's blog, taking some anxiety meds, and going to bed. However, I still won't be any further along with my Awards business. Well, crap, now I have written something like four paragraphs and I still haven't begun my awards stuff. And I haven't taken my anxiety meds and I really could use them. I really want pain medication but I am exactly one hour and and thirteen minutes away from my next dose. Yeah, I keep track to the minute. Plus, I have done ZERO work on my novel today. Drats. I said no mention of novel writing earlier. I am breaking my own rules.

Okay, can you tell that the Award business isn't going down today? However, I have all of them written down and who gave them to me. Tomorrow is a new day. Why don't we do this instead? If you read Truthful Mommy's blog, you are now really ticked, right? You need a good laugh. I know I need a good laugh.

Let's watch a a funny video on Youtube. What do you think about that? I think that sounds like a STELLAR idea. I found this one while I was trolling for HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY footage. However, I have NO IDEA who I would ever dedicate this to because I just can't see it ever crossing lines with any of your blogs. Here's the background: It's from the TV Show MAD ABOUT YOU. Paul films documentaries and he has installed cameras all over his and his wife's apartment. The challenge is 15 minutes of footage that he CANNOT edit once it starts to roll. They have just started rolling the cameras when this begins. So, the "funny" is it is all on tape and it cannot be edited out. Oh yeah, shut off my dumb music player on the bottom of the screen.

5 comments:

  1. Those pictures showing oil-covered animals are tragic! Hope something gets done soon. Glad to see so many people blogging about this and caring.

    My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin!

    And thank you for joining in again on the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    I know exactly what you mean about awards and how over whelming they can be! I have 2 or 3 that I just put on my sidebar and didn't even write a post about! Gasp! I know that I should do a post but I honestly don't have the time. I think awards shouldn't be time consuming and I feel that as long as you acknowledge the person that gave it to you then that is more then enough! Don't ever feel like you have to take time to write something if you don't want to write about it! I get it!! I'm sure others get it too!

    I refuse to go to that blog and look at those pics of the poor animals...it breaks my heart thinking about them let alone looking at pics. Why would someone bother to put pics on like that? I don't get it!

    I hope you have a good weekend and try not to fret too much about the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going over to look at those pics either. Like Java said, it's heart-breaking. I know we need to raise awareness so if someone out there doesn't know about the horrendous effects of that oil spill, they need to educate themselves. But it's just too depressing knowing there's nothing we can do to fix that horrific situation.

    On a more cheerful note, I love that clip from Mad About You. (I have noticed we seem to share the same tastes in tv!) In a bizarre way, I think the same kind of thing would happen in any home if cameras were suddenly installed with a "no-edit" policy. Maybe not the same details, but it is true that the "raw footage" would show a lot of crazy/funny stuff that would never make it into our "cleaned-up" version of how we present ourselves. And the dog reminds me of my friend's little shitzu that used to drag dirty underwear out of her laundry and run through the house with it when she had company over. She was mortified!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin! Why would you be embarrassed about getting awards? You deserve them!! Your blog is wonderful: I love coming here and reading your posts. You can always tell how much time and thought you put into them.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!