Monday, March 15, 2010

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT

I am always surprised when my blogs don't go the way I think that they are going to go. I don't even know why I am shocked anymore. It should be commonplace by now. I spent yesterday going through ANOTHER personal crisis. This one came out of left field, and smacked me upside the head. I really don't feel like sharing it, at least not right now, maybe not ever. Not sure yet. I didn't write a word on my novel it had me so worked up ~ and that kinda ticked me off on a totally different level. I really don't want anything messing with my mojo. That feels fragile to me and I am like a mother hen. Stay away from my mojo or I will bean you with my broom! It even disrupted my blog flow on my door-to-door book selling in Colorado, which I will get back to, never fear, because that is some good stuff!


I am still suffering from the Creepy Crud. I think the stomach virus has passed. Now my stomach is all knotted up over my personal junk. Egads! My mom, God bless her, bought me some MucinexD when she was at the pharmacy yesterday, because my antibiotic just isn't doing it, which tells me that what I have is viral, not bacterial. I took one last night, and I could breathe for the first time in a week. But I couldn't sleep for anything! Insomnia is already an issue for me, and I think the decongestant didn't do me any favors. I listened to my meditational CD for five hours (meaning over and over and over again) until I couldn't stand it anymore. Enough! By this time I had a terrible migraine. I turned on my light, pulled out my tablet, wrote down 4:00am, took pain pills, and got up to eat a granola bar, so it wasn't going down on an empty stomach. I tried lying down for another hour, did one more round with the CD, and then called it quits at 5:00am. I can't remember the last time I've been awake at 5:00am. I don't like it.

In happier news, I love quotes. In high school I started making quote books. I was inspired by my English teacher junior year. It was something I kept up with for about six years after that. I know that I have already posted this, but for any new readers, I just recently caught up to my old books. It was like finding an old friend. I blog in multiple forums, and an *actual* old friend posted a link to this video yesterday in my comments; if you want/need to see something uplifting, I encourage you to watch it. Personally, I don't think one can watch TOO MANY uplifting things. He made the comment that he thought everyone had probably already seen it. Well, I hadn't seen it, and I felt like my life was better yesterday for having watched it. In fact, I know it was, because things got a lot worse as the day wore on. I then went looking through my quotes this morning, when I realized where this blog was going, meaning I was going to link to that video, to see if I could find something to complement it. I did come across a few things...


"...perhaps we'll learn that there are more things to admire in men than to despise, perhaps knowing it will never change the world, perhaps we will act more honorably than we expected we would, perhaps we'll have a lot of fun along the way."
~William Plachor

"One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others."
~Lewis Carroll

"An act of goodness, the best act of true goodness, is indeed the best proof of the existence of God."
~Jacques Maritain

When I am just playing around on the computer I like to listen to my music that I have on my Project Playlist. Of course, if I am doing any writing or blog reading, I have to turn that volume off. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time! However, in the wee hours this morning, I had my music player going and was just messing around. It's set to shuffle the songs and this song came up. It always stops me in my tracks. I think about the first time I heard it driving down the road. It made me cry. I was really glad that I was out in the country and there was no traffic. It was after my divorce, and before I met this guy that I fell really hard for, who ended up breaking my heart. Flipping through the quote book again... The first quote would be the before...The other two would be the after...


"Once in a while, when you were alone, whether or not there were people around, did you ever feel so sad you could cry, as if you were the only one of your kind in the whole world? Did you ever feel that you were missing someone you had never met?"
~ Richard Bach

"There is no greater grief, than, in misery to recall happier times."
~Dante Alighieri

"Every good, true, vigorous feeling I have, gathers impulsively round him. I know I must conceal my sentiments: I must smother hope; I must remember that he cannot care much for me. For when I say I am of his kind, I do not mean that I have his force to influence, and his spell to attract: I mean only that I have certain tastes and feelings in common with him. I must, then, repeat continually that we are for ever sundered:- and yet, while I breathe and think I must love him."
~Charlotte Bronte


Well, that is all I have for you today. Tomorrow, I will reveal which of my outrageous lies was actually an outrageous truth. I hope that you enjoyed reading them. I also hope that you took the time to visit some of the people that I tagged. It's always fun to find new blogs and make new friends. I know it's a Monday. I hope that it FEELS like a Friday. I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog today!

6 comments:

  1. Very uplifting! Truth is, Bach's quote particularly appeals to me...I do believe I'm missing someone I've never met. Hey, maybe that's you girl! Is the quote from "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"?

    Whatever it is that's getting you down - cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes. Oh how I love quotes:) Glad you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a quoteaholic myself. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once upon a time I would have known exactly which book the Richard Bach quote came from... now, I will take a guess and go with THE BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin, Just want to let you know I left a response to your comment on my blog. Hugs... Sharon

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!