Thursday, July 31, 2014

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY

Surprise! Here's To You is back on Thursday (this week). If you were paying attention, there wasn't a post last week. I am hanging tough with my resolution to spend more time on my novel and less time on blogger and other social media. So far, so good! Anyway, let's get down to it. Oh... and don't forget to come back tomorrow for Battle of the Bands!



If you don't know what this HERE'S TO YOU stuff is about, let me explain.  This used to be a weekly event landing typically on Thursdays.  When I read your blogs or you say something in the comments that sparks my imagination (or I hear something and I think of you), chances are good I will click over to YouTube to find footage for you. In the old days you wouldn't have to reach back in your memory bank farther than one week. Now... all bets are off. It could be several weeks ago.

The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of YouTube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... If you are having trouble watching the entire video (meaning it is being cut off on one side), click on it a couple of times and it will take you straight over to youtube. If you click on the four squares at the bottom corner of the video, it will enlarge it to fill your screen. The escape key will bring it back to normal size. The back arrow will bring you back to my page.

Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for everyone:


This one is for Optimistic Existentialist at Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer:


This one is for Sandra Cox at Sandra's Blog:


This one is for mshatch at mainewords:


This one is for LD Masterson:


This one is for DiscConnected and Stephen T. McCarthy at FERRET-FACED FASCIST FRIENDS:

27 comments:

  1. The Impala is a perfect fit for Marcy after her car post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love George Carlin, so sad he's gone now. He speaks for me, too. Yep, and for Canada as well. We have a prime minister who embarrasses us with his corrupt politicians and he and his party have ruined many established programs for the working middle classes, and especially the lower income. After all, our PM is from Canada's OIL country. What does he care?
    Good for you Robin, working on the novel. Soon I plan to get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George Carlin wasn't funny there... but he sure was right! (Although the deception definitely goes back further than 30 years from the point when this rant was recorded.)

    GIRL WONDER, was this one inspired by the conversation DiscConnected and I were having in the comment section of his 'POWER OF THE PEN' blog bit over at his blog 'BACK IN THE USSR'?

    That's the only thing I can think of where Doctor Disc and I have been yakking about stuffs that fits right in with what Carlin was saying. Obama and his Banking backing certainly figures into The Big Picture that Carlin was alluding to. Yeah, I know Obama wasn't the president at the time G.C. was doing that bit on stage, but it just goes to show how nothing changes no matter who gets put in the White House or the Congress.

    Bread and Circuses keep all the sleepers imagining that "American DREAM". The sleeping American citizenry have no one to blame but themselves for the condition of the country today.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a GC fan from the early 70's right up until his passing, and while he often was a screaming liberal, he did not subscribe to either party's bull-loney and did spot a lot of the machinations of the new world order...and I found him funny as heck!

      You know the seven words you can't say on television, right?

      "They'll infect your soul, curve your spine, and keep the country from winning the war...:"

      Delete
  4. Hey Supernatural and my favorite Snow Patrol song in the same post. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if the Storm Ends was a good choice for Optimistic Existentialist! I thought his storm post was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex ~ I hope she likes it!

    D.G. ~ This is an international problem. So, yeah it isn't remotely restricted to the USA or Canada.

    StMc~ Actually, I found this bit when I went typed the 1% on the 1% after reading LC's post about Tom Petty's newest album. There are two versions of this video and the first one mentions the 1% so it popped up first, but the person cut it off before the end. So, when I found this one I subbed it in. And then I dedicated to both of you because I knew that you would appreciate it. There are PUBLIC voices who get far more attention than you, LC, or I ever will... and still this remains newsworthy. Or unbelievable. Or both.

    Susan ~ That makes it a great day!

    Sherry ~ I thought so. This song is also sometimes referred to as The Lightning Strike. It fits either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with a George Carlin clip.

    By this time (this was, if memory serves me, from his last HBO special), he had a tendency to rant, but I was impressed that, even though he was obviously more liberal than I am, he did not buy into the Democratic party line like the rest of the entertainment world.

    They are all kissing Obama's ass, and George is pointing out the endless supply of BS spewing forth from the opening in his face.

    And a Supernatural clip-bonus!

    LC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know you were a Supernatural fan. I am behind on this show. I haven't seen the last two seasons (I think). But I do see the previews on the CW from time to time and it looks like this show has gone off the rails... which just makes me sad:(

      Delete
    2. ROBIN ~
      I don't even know what y'all are yakkin' about. But apparently 'Supernatural' is a TV series. (I never heard about it. Heck, I just heard about Santana's 'Supernatural' album 15 minutes ago.)

      But I want to point out that when alluding to a TV show flushing itself down the crapper, you NEVER, EVER say that it's "gone off the rails". Only an amateur would say something like that.

      The "OFFICIAL", "INSIDER-COOL" way of saying it is:

      "THAT SHOW HAS JUMPED THE SHARK".

      Surely you know what that's a reference to, right?
      If not, consult lord Google.
      (It has to do with the old TV series 'Happy Days'. And I love that expression. Wish I'd invented it.)

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
    3. I have heard that expression and I know the episode to which it refers. The Fonz literally jumped the shark.

      BTW, not surprised that you've never heard of Supernatural given your TV watching... or lack thereof.

      Delete
  8. The Impala clip is a great one for Marcy, although I'd rather look at Dean than his car. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff, Robin!

    We lost a national treasure when George Carlin died. And I loved Supernatural, though I haven't seen it in a while. Bill Engvall is hilarious too. I tweeted the Volkswagon psa recently. Such a good message.
    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes. Scary PSA for the texting and driving. And, yeah, great video for Marcy and her Impala. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooh, we just bought two vw's this month and that video is incredible and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the song for Optimistic Existentialist. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dianne ~ We would ALL rather look at Dean...;)

    Ava ~ I am glad you enjoyed this one!

    L.G. ~ She hasn't seen it yet, so I hope she likes it as much as the rest of you.

    Andrea ~ I know. It takes your breath away, doesn't it?

    Robyn ~ I am so glad you liked it:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great song for Optimistic Existentialist! The Volkswagen simulation was so realistic. Very powerful ad. George Carlin's comedy is timeless.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Robin!! Thank you so much for the song! I love it :) Snow Patrol rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL. Perfect!!!!!! Thanks, Robin;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I LOVE it! What a perfect clip, and for me! I have to admit I've only seen a few episodes - but I sure did notice the car :)

    Thanks, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I'm in here again! I love that you include me but I'd really like to know what leads you to certain selections for me. (Yup, I'm scratching my head.) I tried e-mailing you after the Cher - Dark Lady clip but never heard back. Either way, thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The movie clip from VW was a good reminder. I'm glad there's blue tooth, I'm sure that helps, but I've seen semi drivers texting while driving, and not staying in their lane. Anyone doing it is scary, seeing a big rig driver doing it makes me want to smack my head.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoy this weekly feature! Thank you :) A guaranteed smile!! You really do choose good footage.

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julie ~ I think VW should run that commercial in some movie theatres here. I hate texting and driving.

    Sandra ~ So glad you liked it!

    Marcy ~ Yay!

    LD ~ I left you a comment on your blog this time!

    rosey ~ I completely agree. Very dangerous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI, Robin...

    WOW, that first clip was very powerful!!! More people NEED to see this!

    You always do such a great job fitting the right clip with the blogger... Well done!

    Hope all is well and the migraines are at bay!

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!