Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE WORD IS I'M VERSATILE

Thank you Miss Angie at My So-Called Chaos for this award. I do suppose that I do qualify since my blogs are all over the place. That is my way of saying that I don't stick to any one topic matter. I recently read that if you want to increase your blog readership that you really should try to find a core topic matter and stick to it. I just sighed and shook my head when I read that. A few days later I got this award. It seems like a sign.





The Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.


Rule #1 - Gratitude - Completed (see above.)


Rule #2
(7 Things about Me)

1. This week I sold my car. It is to cut down on my expenses, but I also don't feel very safe as a driver anymore. Sometimes my memory just goes and I can't remember the directions on how to get to familiar places. It always comes back, but it is unnerving.

2. I don't understand politics. Not really. Not in my country or around the world. Everyone who thinks they know how to fix it is so aggressive in their opinion that they are right and everyone else is wrong that it just makes it more confusing. All I know is that more people are out of work, people are angry, and this country is spending money we don't have. I feel like I am on the Titanic.

3. When I feel good, I love to sing karaoke. Seriously, that is one of my favorite things to do.

4. I think something bad happened to me in water in a past life. Nothing bad has happened to me in this life in water, but ever since I was a kid, every time I'd get out of a pool or the ocean, I'd have a moment. It was that moment of standing there being wet that it would hit me. I'd get this unexplainable creepy feeling that something really bad happened EVERY TIME. I began to hate to go swimming just to avoid getting that feeling that came after I got out of the pool. This is the first time I've ever put this on paper because it's weird.

5. I hate flip flops. Call me crazy. I don't like that piece of plastic or fabric (depending on the shoe) that goes between my toes. That's it. Everything else is fine, but I don't like the thing between my toes. I love sandals. I hate flip flops.

6. I carry a jacket with me pretty much everywhere I go. In the summer, restaurants crank the a/c so high they freeze me right up. Back when I had a car, I always kept a jacket in there. Now, well, I will have to keep one in my mom's car. But, I never leave home without a jacket.

7. I say the wrong thing all the time. I say the right thing sometimes. I'd like to swap those two.

Rule #3
15 Recently discovered worthy bloggers. There is good and bad news here. Since they have to be recently discovered that means I can't rely on people who I know read my blog and actually like my writing. However, there is a ray of light here. It doesn't say that they have to like MY writing. In fact, they can think my writing sucks wind. It is my opinion about their writing that is key here. Well, that changes everything. Of course, I am not a person who discovers bloggers all that quickly. I tend to go about that process rather slowly.... so recently discovered is all relative. Here are my 15:

The Novelist at A Novel Experiment
Carol at Carol's Prints
Excerpts from the mind of Elizabeth Downie
Confessions: The Secret Life of a Writer ~ Kimberly Franklin
Lady Blah Blah
Liza Carens Salerno at Middle Passages
Janna Qualman at Something She Wrote
Kate at The Cow Jumped Over The Moon
Caution Flag at The Human Race 600
Karen at Therefore I Blog
Kel at Between the Lines
Tawna Fenske at Don't Pet Me, I'm Writing
Dandy at Spontaneous Clapping
Misery at Leftovers at Illumination
VKT at The Chronicles of a Veteran Kindergarten Teacher

Congratulations people for being versatile or just excellent writers!

If I didn't select you, it might mean that you are not new to my blog, don't like getting awards, or I know that you are busy right now with other things. You know that I will show you the love in some other way soon!


Rule #4 - I left a comment on each person's blog. In almost every case it felt very inappropriate. Just about every blog was a sentimental piece or a person in crisis or the sharing of a personal trauma or something just lovely. In any event, my note about leaving an award didn't sit well with me. In several cases, I had already commented on the blog and the subject matter at hand, but still... And then there were the really awkward ones... the people who I have only just started following and really haven't even had time to leave many comments for, because they are just *that new,* and they get this award message. They must be thinking who is this person? Well, it is someone trying to abide by the terms of the award and choosing newly discovered bloggers to pass this award on to per the rules.

12 comments:

  1. Robin - Thanks for thinking of me when you received this award. I truly appreciate your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who carried a jacket or sweater everywhere. You never know when you are going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so can I just say that you're awesome? well, you are :) thank you. it's really cool and I'm sorry but my vocabulary lets me down in this kind of situations :)

    as for politics: I think that no one really wants to do anything good - I mean, I don't believe in politicians' good intentions at all. Still, I find politics really fascinating. And karaoke? I admire you, haha, I'd never have the courage to sing in front of people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, thank you so much! You are so generous and thoughtful. This one is completely new to me! And it's a shiny, beautiful one! <3 <3

    Also, I'm not a huge fan of flip-flops either. I'll wear them sometimes because they're convenient, but I prefer other types of shoes. AND, I'm fairly adept at sticking my foot in my mouth. It's just a thing I do. I'd also like to learn not to.

    Great award (congrats on receiving it!) and thank you for passing it on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet of you Robin! Thanks for including me. You made my day! It was great getting to read your answers and learn a little more about you. Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you so much!! It totally made my day to get your comment! I can't wait to continue getting to know you through blogging. :)Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always find it awkward bestowing awards...as if I'm lady bountiful or something.
    I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're funny, Robin, and so right. There's a certain social thing here in the blogging world and it can be creepy to, for instance, put someone on your blogroll too soon. It's a very funny distinction that you pointed out, but, like you said, it had to be newly discovered blogs! You're amazing, actually having 15!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, thank you so much for this, Robin! I still haven't caught up on reading all of your blogs, but I will get there.

    I am going to use the flip-flops one in my blog as well, although my reason for hating them is very slightly different to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're sweet. Thank you, Robin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was the same way when I first began blogging. I even dedicated a whole post to not being able to find a niche, in which I could really find a designated group to grow in. With time and this new site I have created I think I have been able to find a little niche of my own =)

    Thank You so much for the award Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robin, I'm so late and responding. Thank you! You made my Monday, which I think should have happened on Saturday...so, I'm going to pretend it's still the weekend...another reason to thank you!

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!