Tuesday, May 18, 2010

ONE SENTENCE POST CHALLENGE AND THE SUNSHINE AWARD

The times that I have wreaked the most damage and devastation to my life, and the lives of the people that I care most about, is when I was 100% certain that I knew what was doing.

I stole this challenge from Sharon at Musings of a Mercurial Woman and Liza at Middle Passages.



I received the Sunshine Award (among others) from Truthful Mommy at The Truth About Motherhood. Thank you Truthful Mommy for thinking of me! In turn, I am doling them a little at a time, so that it isn't overwhelming. Fortunately, this isn't one of those awards that requires you actually DO anything (like share stuff, or make up lies, or take pictures, etc). You just get to bask in the sunshine of the wonderfulness of it. The only requirement is to pass it on to 12 deserving bloggers. They, in turn, are to pass on the love.

1) Sharon at Musings of a Mercurial Woman

2) Purple Cow at Australian in Athens

3) Phoenix at Res Ipsa Loquitur

4) Chris at A Deliberate Life

5) Java at Never Growing Old

6) Kate at The Cow Jumped Over The Moon

7) Karen at Therefore I Blog

8) VKT at Chronicles of a Kindergarten Teacher

9) The Confessions of a Secret Writer: Kimberly Franklin

10) Excerpts from the Mind of Elizabeth Downie

11) Juliana at A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

12) Linda at Bar Mitzvahzilla

All of you bring Sunshine into my life each time you blog. I wish that I could have given out more than 12 of these awards, because I appreciate all of you. If I didn't gift you with the award, and you are wondering why it is because 1) I ran out, 2) You already have the award, or 3) I know from things you have already written that you don't like the award thing, because you don't like thinking up people to keep the chain moving. So, there it is. I hope everyone has a sunshiney day. I am in Orlando and it is lovely here!

If you would, leave a comment letting me know that you know about the award. I will check back in a day or two and see who is still "in the dark." I will then post comments. But, I have fun calling my name. Gotta go....

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Robin.
    one sentence huh...crazy. That takes talent.
    Hope you are having a good night
    Certitude goeth before a fall....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there sunshine! You're being MISSED! Thanks for the love...sending it back to you too!
    Take care of yourself wherever you are.

    PS Do they have internet at McDonalds in the US? Doesn't that make the keyboard all greasy with the Big Mac and blogging at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I love your sentence. Life is irony. Sometimes, though, being confident can work out, but it's always a bit of a crap shoot, isn't it!

    Thanks for the award. All of my contacts through blogging mean a great deal to me. I'm kinda selfish on the award thing. I love to get them, but feel uncomfortable passing them on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But, I have fun calling my name. Gotta go...." I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks! You really know how to cheer a girl up! Your blog cheers me up, as do your comments on my blog. :) Isn't the blogosphere great? I love meeting new and interesting people through it. Thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're too sweet!! This award just made my day. Thank you sooo much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robin Thank You so much for the award!

    I just read the post you wrote up today and I'm in the same boat. I came to visit my family for the month and its been so tough to keep up with the blogging and commenting.

    But, I did want to pass by to say Thank you for bringing me a smile with this award on a not so peachy of a day.

    Thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Robin!! You made my day!! You always have such nice things to say and now this!! I am honored to be your friend and I really enjoy your blog...I'm adding you to my blog roll now!!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Robin! Just looking at that award makes me a little happier! I'm a little behind on my awards because of the momalom 5 for 10 challenge but I'll get back to it now that things are getting back to normal!

    And - cool, complex sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much!! Yay for a Sunshine Award... what a great concept.

    Your sweet comments on my blog always put a little more sunshine in my day as well :)

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!