Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Battle of the Bands Results

Wow. Let me just say the past few days have had me running. And running. And running some more. Sub in driving for most of that running and that's actually closer to the truth. But, the end result is the same. This girl is exhausted. My blog is neglected. My house is a wreck. The list of disasters just keep piling up.

And, to top it all off, I intended to put the results for Battle of the Bands a few days ago... and here we are. I've also been thinking I'd participate in that hop about how the A to Z went. Well, let's just say I have yet to sign up for that, and it may be so far out of people's minds by the time I'm able to get round to it that no one will care any longer. I had a great time with the A to Z, by the way, and I loved the theme I chose because of the participation I got from YOU guys. And maybe that was really all I wanted to say anyway. I don't know. Brain. Rattled.

Let's get back to the results for Battle of the Bands. The song was Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man by two excellent ladies: Billie and Ella. At first, the votes were rolling in really strong for Billie, and I was thinking I blundered again with this BoTB thing. How could I go so wrong pitting two greats against one another???? Turns out, I didn't go so wrong. The tide turned and Ella started raking in her share and then it became a HORSE RACE. If you know what I mean. Neck and neck. This one goes up by a nose, then this one, then this one, and well, it was pretty well like that all the way to the finish line. That's my kind of battle. In the end, it didn't even matter that my pick to win didn't. It was a darn fine race. Of course, it helped (me) that I really liked both versions. So, there were no losers in this battle. To my way of thinking, this is one of those battles I could throw two years from now (same song, same contenders) and have quite possibly a different outcome.

So, how did this shake out?

Billie Holiday: 24
Ella Fitzgerald: 23 (inc. mine)

It sho don't get closer dan dat.

Come back on the 1st and we'll give this another spin, and see how THAT one shakes out.

16 comments:

  1. This was like apples and oranges to me. I might have votes for Ella on another day. Regardless, both were excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! close battle! It was a tossup for me, so I'm happy with the results.

    Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The a-z reflection post?!?!?! (sigh) Meant to do it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent BOTB this time around! Your A to Z theme this year was fun, it made us think of all the songs we like and stirred a few memories. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The A to Z Reflections list is closed. You can always still post one though or you can even volunteer to write a guest post about it at the A to Z Blog. I'm another who really enjoyed your theme. I think I made most of your posts even though I was usually late getting there.

    That was one heck of a battle I'd say. I preferred Billie though that's not to say there was anything at all wrong with what Ella did with the song.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn! 47 votes and a photo finish! The last time I checked, Billie was halfway around the track and Ella had barely left the starting gate. GREAT Battle, Girl Wonder!

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great battle, Robin! Both ladies were excellent and it was tough to choose. Loved your A to Z theme as well. Here's hoping things calm down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lord, I'm not going to correct the original post (because I think it speaks volumes about the state of exhaustion to which I was referring), BUT I miscounted the votes.

    The vote total was 14 to 13.

    Not 24 to 23.

    When I said I was EXHAUSTED, I wasn't joking around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! That's okay--at least you got the winner right. Maybe you need to slow down some. Or maybe not.

      Arlee Bird
      A to Z Challenge Co-host
      Tossing It Out

      Delete
    2. 24 to 23 sounds more exciting....call it marketing!

      Delete
  9. That was close. They were both good versions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You paired two of the best. Sorry I missed another Battle over here, Robin. But it's probably for the best. I might've made this one a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two excellent voices to pit against each other. I'm not sure who I would have voted for . . . that was a tough choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the disasters stop. Life should only get happy busy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you on the exhausted part!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes life just gets to be a blur, doesn't it? I'm with you.
    I like them both so much that I had to look back and see who
    I voted for. LOL

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!