Saturday, May 7, 2016

Battle of the Bands Results and Zombie Apocalypse (no, one not caused by the other)

Voting on Battle of the Bands was decidedly down. Is it possible that everyone is suffering from PTAtoZ??? I'm thinking, "Yes." So, while the voting was slim, the result was decisive. The song was Blue Monday. I pitted the original, New Order, against a cover by Orkestra Obsolete. I thought the cover was pretty unique and would give the original a run for its money. I anticipated there was a slim possibility of the cover winning, but only by a small margin (and an unlikely event). Well, that just goes to show how little I know (or can anticipate how these things will go!). It turns out that I was right about one thing (the song was completely new to many of you, taking away the advantage of the original artist). To that end, Orkestra Obsolete pretty well ran away with this one.

The final tally:

New Order: 7 (including mine)
Orkestra Obsolete: 13

Mind you, I really liked the cover by Orkestra Obsolete. I thought it was clever and well done. I just loved the original by New Order, so there you go. I hear New Order and I'm instantly transported back to my first post-college apartment in NYC. My roommates and I spent more than a little time after work sitting around listening to cassettes and/or CDs (this was one of them) playing three handed euchre. Yep, I was a wild child.

I know I've been scarce in the blogging world. I'm a bit burned out right now. That's what the A to Z does to me (even though I REALLY ENJOYED it this year). There is this point, though, somewhere around the letter "O" when I always realize my life has been completely taken over by blogging and the A to Z. I'm out of balance, I'm grumpy, I'm not getting things done, I'm freefalling. And then it's a push just to make it to the end. If if weren't for Battle of the Bands, I might very well fall off the grid for a month. (Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.) And then in June my equilibrium is restored, so I fall back into normal patterns. Of course, I'm going away again this summer for about six weeks (completely upsetting the blogging apple cart), but more on that later.

So, if I've been absent and not loving you on your blog, please know that I still adore you. I'm just setting my world to rights in all the other aspects (well, mostly... and somewhat). I will get back to blogging.

In the meantime, here's something hilarious for you to watch until I get myself together. If you're a Walking Dead fan, you'll REALLY appreciate this one. If you're not, I think you'll still think it's pretty darn funny. I say "Zombie Apocalypse" and you still get the gist.





WE HAVE GUNS. WHY ARE YOU PUTTING GARDEN EQUIPMENT IN THE CAR????

19 comments:

  1. That was hilarious!!!! Re: the dog or the cat. "The cat, you idiot!" hahaha. OMG, I can't believe she is just so ready to leave the dog behind. Bitch! haha. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that! "We have guns, why are you putting garden equipment in the car?" Best line for sure!
    You rock Robin...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total Walking Dead fan here—and yes, I LOVED it :D (I can't believe she's so ready to leave the dog behind, either, though... I was kind of feeling sorry for her up until that point... After that, I was all COOLEST PRANK EVER :D )

    Oh, I hear you on the PTA2Z... I fall off the grid every May (and sometimes June, too). But maybe this year BoTB can be a saving grace... even though I missed the 1st this month. It really was a very cool April, and your theme was awesome. Wish I could've participated on more of your posts, but I enjoyed each one I did immensely.

    See you soon!
    Guilie @ Life In Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I picked the winner. Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand being away from blogging for a while. I love the Aa to Z but so much else suffers and I am so needing to dust and, of course, get back to card making

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I voted for the original the winner was very good and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blogging world has been very quiet this week. I know I'm struggling to get back into the routine. I was hoping the momentum would continue so that I would feel inspired to do some writing.

    Mary
    Lee Andrews & the Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that video a couple of weeks ago - LOVE IT!! It's something my kids would do to each other. These guys put so much time and effort into it. Just great! Hope you get plenty of R&R and are back to normal soon. The A-Z drained me when I did it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally funny. Her expression at the end was the best.
    I know how you feel after A-Z has ended..... but I didn't
    have it, this year. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I start feeling overwhelmed by blogging, I might cut back a bit, but more importantly I do posts that require less thinking and writing and I shoot for subjects I really love writing about such as BOTB posts. I think pacing oneself is important, but also putting the blogging in a bigger life perspective. Sometimes I'll get something on my mind that I want to share with others so I'll do a blog post or more about that topic. Blogging is a good release for me as well as it keeps me writing when in all likelihood I wouldn't be writing if not for my blog.

    I'm with you on the New Order version--it brings back good memories for me. the Orkestra was good, but to me it was mostly a novelty.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. GIRL WONDER ~

    >>... There is this point, though, somewhere around the letter "O" when I always realize my life has been completely taken over by blogging and the A to Z.

    That's EXACTLY the letter I quit after the one time I entered 'A To Z'. It was consuming every minute of my free time and was quickly taking the fun out of blogging for me.

    Obviously, a lot of people love it, but with a full-time job, there is just no way I can spend every minute of an entire month only working, sleeping, and blogging. That's one-twelfth of a year and too much for me. But I sure enjoyed participating in your 'A To Z' posts this year. That was fun.

    The video is hilarious! "The cat, you idiot!"
    I'd have taken the dog, that's more meat just in case you run outta food during the zombie siege.

    ~ Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, am feeling a bit burned out on blogging right now. The A to Z was quite an endeavor! I'm scaling back this month and not pushing myself. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, what Stephen said. Burned out as you may be, take comfort in knowing your A to Z was totally worth it. I was burned out for you, in spirit, and I just (tried to) participate every day. When it comes to stress, a zombie apocalypse has nothing on that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A to Z burnout is a common problem. That's what prompted me to skip the BOTB on May 1. Also, I figured the turnout would be slim, but I still voted and picked the winner here.

    Your A to Z theme was a blast and I hope you do it again next year. Get some rest now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't blogged since the last day of the A to Z. LOL.
    It wiped me out too. Take care and get some rest. I didn't win the battle because I'm a loyal New Order girl all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have seen that video before. It is so hilarious. (And those brothers are so mean ...)

    I guess the dog knows where he stands, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. "So, if I've been absent and not loving you on your blog, please know that I still adore you. I'm just setting my world to rights in all the other aspects (well, mostly... and somewhat). I will get back to blogging."

    You have always blessed me with comments and I appreciate it, especially as someone who had her apple cart upset in the Fall and took a long time to get over it. I really learned something from that experience in the blog-sense. The people who are your friends don't care about the number of posts and comments.

    The people who do give you grief or complain about your blog habits: ugh! If I see one more rant about how someone is mad about the number, length, or quality of a comment, I think my head will pop off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That family's prank skills have officially outstripped mine. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm just about caught up with my comments and battle results and such. Can you believe it? Now I am taking a rest from blogging the rest of the month. Sometimes you have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm pleasantly surprised I suggested a winner. May the next cover I posted fare so well!

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!