Saturday, December 31, 2011

HERE'S TO YOU SATURDAY


We are hovering on the brink of a New Year and I am determined to keep up my end of the bargain and put out my consecutive days of HERE'S TO YOU posts. I feel like if I ring in the New Year right I just might have momentum on my side. I still don't feel great, but maybe I can begin with better habits!

I mentioned yesterday the criteria for making these posts. Hope. Laughter. Inspiration. Joy. It occurred to me today that I left out Forgiveness. Naturally, all of those clips make me cry. The others not so much. I think it is why the biggie, Forgiveness, got shuffled off to the backburner. However, there is nothing more inspirational than Forgiveness is there? So, I had to throw some in today. Everything else still goes. And I may think yet of some important thing that should be in this mix that isn't. Good thing I am giving myself several days to work through it!

So, lean back and allow yourself to receive the awesomeness that I give to you. May it warm your spirit, make you laugh, cry, and feel inspired in the New Year. And, yeah, I still have more for tomorrow. I am back to officially being a youtube Junkie.



This one wouldn't embed, but it is important to watch it first. Sorry!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-pKvphl4zs

This one also woudn't embed, but it is next in line. Sorry!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2TiSXhXitI







6 comments:

  1. Hooray for you, YouTube Junkie. You make it fun for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay...I think you may have gotten me hooked on everwood. never saw that. And lol, man...that big fight. That's it right there sometimes with your teenager..minus the cussing and the I hate you. lol. And loved that friday night lights one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I have all four seasons of Everwood on DVD. Thus far, I have only watched two. I am taking it slow so I can savor it. It is a wonderful show. I also have FNL on DVD and couldn't help myself and watched all five lickety split. Lots of lessons there. I always find it interesting how shows about sports are often metaphors for life. FNL took some wrong turns, but then what show doesn't? And most characters made choices that had me shaking my head. But then who doesn't? As Coach Taylor said, "Character is about striving to be better. It is about the trying." And I think FOR THE MOST PART he did that himself. He only failed IMO one time. And I wanted to reach through the screen and shake him.... lol. But like he said in the pilot, "We all fall down."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much good stuff. All I can say is how much it reminds me of how I miss stuff like Allie McBeal. I don't watch much in the way of non-reality, educational or informative type tv anymore. Things have changed in tv land and I do miss it. When I have more time I will come back and savor these as is deserved.
    Thanks for posting again. Turns out posting what appeals to you works well for so many of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so... I fell in love with Brandi Carlile's "The Story" about a week ago, and have been listening to it nonstop since... and then I see it on the Grey's Anatomy video.

    Yep. You always seem to know exactly what to post, even if you don't know at the time, don't you.

    Robin, you are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to look forward to Moonlighting all day long, in school, in 5th grade. :)
    My husband just made me promise that if something happens during his surgery I need to go to Palm Springs and still buy a second home there and remember how much he loved it and how funny it was to see how surprised he was to know that he could love the desert after all.
    I'm glad that you are here to share your stories with us.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!